Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What the hell was Georgy Girl about?!?!

Just watched Georgy Girl from 1966 and I'm just not too sure what I saw. One moment she's teaching kids to be silly, then she's dancing and singing like a mental patient, finally she's macking with a married James Mason, who's like 40 years older! I don't know what that was. If I do find out one day, I'll be sure to let you know. Honestly though, I had never heard of this movie. Heard the song about a million times and just absolutely love it, but I didn't know there was a movie.


Also, just wanted to say RIP Lynn Redgrave, who just died recently due to cancer. She was the 22 year old star of the movie. She's sister to Vanessa Redgrave and aunt to Natasha Richardson, who also just passed.

Rent the movie, try not to get lost and tell me what you think. ;)


Here's my fave scene and probably the most memorable from the film:


Other 'Georgy Girl' versions that don't even come close:


0 comments:

 
*~*Sunday Girl*~* - Music, movies, memories and more. - Maintained By Suzie-Q (2009-2011)